Important Information on WBCS Exam – An Introduction
Appearing WBCS (Main) Exam 2013? Worried About Changed Optional Syllabus of ANTHROPOLOGY & HISTORY? Looking for Best Quality, Unique & Guaranteed Common Notes for ANTHROPOLOGY & HISTORY? Call Now: 94758-33448 We provide Unlimited Doubt Clearance @ Reasonable Fees with Free Mock Test & Suggestion.
Call Now: 94758-33448
Important Information on West Bengal Civil Service (Executive) & Etc Exam – An Introduction
In accordance with the State Services Recruitment Rules, the Public Service Commission, West Bengal conducts the West Bengal Civil Service (Exe.) etc. Examination, every year on the results of which recruitment to the West Bengal Civil Service and certain other services and posts will be made. The rules of the examination and other particulars are stated in the following paragraphs. A candidate should verify from the notified rules that he/she is eligible for admission to the examination. The conditions prescribed cannot be relaxed.
1. The W.B.C.S. (Exe.) etc. Examination will be held in two successive stages, viz., (i) Preliminary Examination (Objective Type) and (ii) Main Examination (Conventional Type-Written) and Personality Test. A number of candidates to be selected on the results of the Preliminary Examination will be allowed admission to the Main Examination and a number of candidates to be selected on the results of the Main Examination (Written) will be called to appear at the Personality Test.
2. The Preliminary Examination will be held at various centres in Kolkata and in certain other districts in West Bengal sometime in the 1st part of the year. Only scheduled tribe candidates of Darjeeling district and other candidates of the three hill subdivisions, namely Darjeeling Sadar, Kalimpong and Kurseong will be allowed to appear at Darjeeling centre. The Main Examination will be held in Kolkata in the later part of the same year. The Personality Test will be held thereafter in the office of the Public
Service Commission, West Bengal, in Kolkata.
3. The W.B.C.S. (Exe.) etc. Examination is to be treated as a combined Competitive Examination comprising four separate and distinct examinations for four groups of services and posts. Click for the WBCS Groups-Services & Pay Scale as details.
Other important information of WBCS you are obviously looking for -
- The Scheme and Syllabus of the WBCS Preliminary Examination
- The Scheme and Syllabus of the WBCS Main Examination
- Information on Personality Test – West Bengal Civil Service Executive & Etc. Exam
- WBCS Grouping of Services, Pay & Salary Scale, Pay Band
- Group Wise Vacancy in West Bengal Civil Services Examination