Choice of Groups of Services and Allotment in West Bengal Civil Services Examination
How to Choose the Perfect Groups of Services in WBCS (Exe) & Etc Services Examination of Public Service Commission, West Bengal – Information on WBCS Group-A, Group-B, Group-C & Group-D Services & Allotment Criteria
- As already stated, a candidate may apply for one or more of the four groups of services, viz., A,B,C, and D. The candidate is required to state clearly in the appropriate column of the application the particular Group or Groups for which he/she intends to compete. No further application for change of group(s) will be entertained.
- Candidates called to Personality Tests on the results of their Main Examination (Written) will be required to specify the order of their preference for the posts or services included in the Group or Groups for which they have applied. Choice of preference thus exercised will be deemed to be final and no alteration thereafter will be allowed.
- Allotment of candidates will be made in order of merit and according to the number of vacancies. Due consideration will be given, as far as practicable, to the preferences indicated by a candidate, if any, but the Commission reserves the right to allot the candidate to any service or post for which he/she is a candidate on consideration of his/her fitness and the number of vacancies available.
Note on WBCS Exam’s Choice/Allotment of Group of Services
- All appointments will be made on temporary basis in the first instance.
- Candidates are particularly advised to note that unless they indicate preference for a post or service they shall not be recommended for such post or service even if they may be otherwise eligible for the same on the results of the examination. Belated request for being considered for appointment to such post or service is liable to rejection.