Current Affairs on National Topics 1,2,3,4,5 January 2012
Tiger Census in Sunderbans National Park, Death of Sanskrit maestro Mahamahopadhyay Pandit Murari Mohan Vedantateertha Shastri, Investigation on Coromandel SuperFast Express Accident which kills Elephant herd in Odisha, Supreme Court verdict on Appointment of Gujarat Lokayukta former Gujarat High Court Justice R. A. Mehta, Tamilnadu Launches Mobile Court Judiciary Service, New Fast-track courts and judges in West Bengal, Free Tuberculosis (T.B.) medicine will be found in Govt Hospital from 2013, Poisonous liquor kills in Bihar, Age of adult criminal activity to 16 years, Supreme Court Verdict on removal or cancellation of membership of MPs/MLAs, Asiatic Elephant Run Over on Rail track of Dooars West Bengal, Cold Wave in Northern India, Centenary Ceremony of National Science Congress in Kolkata
Please find a list of Indian Current News and Events which is carefully chosen as well as selected to deliver you an ready-made exam oriented notes on different national level news of the last week of December 2012.
National News/Events of 01 January 2012
- According to a news source of Central Environment Ministry, India, the number of tigers in Sundarbans (Sunderbans) National Park of West Bengal is no become only ninety (90) which was earlier counted as 274 in a Tiger Census during the year of 2004.
- The 92 years old Sanskrit maestro Mahamahopadhyay Pandit Murari Mohan Vedantateertha Shastri ji has passed away. He was famous for his genius activity in conventional Sanskrit Literature as well as in Bharatiya Jyotish Shastra (Indian Astrology).
National News/Events of 02 January 2012
- Odisha State Administration has suspected that the death of the elephant herd in the railway track was a trick of the poachers as the tusks were found stolen just after the train accident. It assumed that the Asiatic tuskers came across with the running Coromandel SF Express as the herd might be snubbed by the poachers.
- The Apex body of Indian Judiciary, Supreme Court legally recognized the appointment of retired Gujarat High Court Justice R. A. Mehta as the Lokayukta (Ombudsman) of the State of Gujarat who was appointed by the Governor of the Gujarat, Mrs. Kamala Beniwal earlier in 2004. The Government of Gujarat challenged this Lokayukta appointment in the court.
- The Madras (Chennai) Hight Court Chief Justice Elipe Dharma Rao (now acting CJ of Madras HC) officially launched the Mobile Court (Mobile Judiciary Service) facility in Tamil Nadu. This mobile judicial service will be managed by three (3) Presiding Officers who will be on board in the Mobile Court Van/Vehicle.
National News/Events of 03 January 2012
- The Government of West Bengal has decided to setup eighty eight (88) Fast-Track Court and given green signal to appoint 94 new justices under the West Bengal Judicial Service.
- Central Health Ministry of India has announced that the free Tuberculosis (T.B.) medicine/drug will be available in all medicine shop or Chemist/Druggist store throughout the nation.
National News/Events of 04 January 2012
- Poisonous liquor has taken the life of 12 ill-fated people in Patna, Bihar. Earlier in same incident, 12 people and 30 people were dead respectively in Gaya and Arha.
- Central Government showed its affirmation to curtail down the age of adult criminal activity to 16 years instead of 18 years.
- In another serious verdict, Supreme Court of India has declined the appeal of two social activists and commented that the removal or cancellation of membership of any Member of Parliament (MP) or Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) is just beyond of the jurisdiction of the court or judiciary.
National News/Events of 05 January 2012
- Four (4) Asiatic Elephant has lost their life in another train accident while their herd collided with a Goods train in North East Frontier Railway between Raja Bhatkhawa and Alipurduar Railway Station. Almost 38 tuskers had lost their life in same type of train mishap in the last one decade in this division of NF Railway headquartered in Maligaon, Assam.
- Cold wave has taken 140 lives till date during this winter.
- The Centenary Ceremony of National Science Congress celebrated in Kolkata, West Bengal from 3rd January to 7th January 2013. The 1st Science Congress was took place at Asiatic Society in Kolkata on 14th of January, 1914 which was presided over by then Vice Chancelor of University of Calcutta, Sir Asutosh Mukhopadhyay (populary known as Tiger of Bengal, father of Shyama Prasad Mukhopadhyay – the founder of BJP). This year’s 100th Science Congress was inaugurated by the President of India, Shri Pranab Mukhopadhyay. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has presided over the centenary edition of this globally acclaimed Science Congress. Mrs. Mamata Bandopadhyay (Banerjee), Chief Minister of West Bengal has taken the chair of Chief Guest in the same ceremony. Central Communication & IT Minister Kapil Sibal has published a postal stamp to commemorate the 100th year celebration of Indian National Science Congress. Children version of the same i.e. Child Science Congress has also inaugurated here in Kolkata and it was done by Former President A. P. J. Abdul Kalam. Rajendra. K. Pachaury, Samuel C. C. Ting, Venkatraman (Venki) Ramakrishnan alongwith other several national and international level Nobel laureates, scientists, researchers and delegates have taken part in this grand science conference in Kolkata.
Our National Current Affairs experts working on this modules under General Studies>Current Affairs Topics>Indian National division to produce not only a comprehensive job oriented but also easy to learn and remember best quality study materials on Indian current affairs for UPSC, State PSC, SSC, IBPS competitive exams and all Government jobs/services recruitment competitive examinations.
Other topics you may like to read
Related Posts You May Like to Read
Tags: CA 2013, CSAT Current Affairs, Current Affairs January 2013, Govt Exam Current Affairs, IAS Current Affairs, national ca, national current affairs, National Events January 2013, WBCS Current Affairs, WBCS Current Affairs 2013