Current Affairs Miscellaneous Topics 23,24,25,26,27,28,29 December 2012
ASSOCHAM Reports on TATA Group Most Popular Indian International Brand, Planning Commission Quoted India’s Economic Growth for 12th FYP 2012-13, Kingfisher Airlines Submitted Rollback Plan to DGCA, Govt. to Invest 3k Cr. in SBI, Death of Hollywood Actor Jack Klugman, ASSOCHAM’s Indian Employment Survey Report 2012, Govt to Sell Rastriya Chemicals and Fertilizers Limited’s Share, Heavy Cold Wave in Northern India, Retirement of Ratan Tata, TATA Sons New Chairman Cyrus Pallonji Mistry, CBI Filed Chargesheet to Former NALCO Chairman & Managing Director
Mixed Bag GK/CA of 23 December 2012
- According to a recent survey conducted by the ASSOCHEM, the highest body of the Chambers of Commerce in India, being an Indian company Tata Sons (Tata Group) is the most popular International brand. This US$ 10000 crore conglomerate is now already transformed into a multinational giant.
- Planning Commission quoted that the India’s average Economic Growth may come down to 5 to 5.5% in the 12th Five Year’s Plan (FYP 2012-2017). But it can be up and fixed at 8.2% which is purely depending on Central Government attitude towards the economic boom of the largest democracy of the world.
Mixed Bag GK/CA of 24 December 2012
- Kingfisher Airlines submitted its revival as well as rollback plan to the controller of Indian civil aviation, Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
- Central Government having its stake worth 61.58% in the largest nationalized bank of India, State Bank of India (SBI) will invest INR 3004 crore in this financial year (FY).
- Famous Hollywood Actor Jack Klugman died at 90 in Woodland Hills, California from prostate cancer. His most popular movies are Days of Wine and Roses, When Do We Eat, 12 Angry Men & TV shows are Quincy M.E., The Odd Couple etc.
Mixed Bag GK/CA of 25 December 2012
- ASSOCHEM, the highest body of the Chambers of Commerce in India, published a report on Indian employment scenario during 01st January to 15th December 2012. According to ASSOCHAM Employment Survey Report 2012, 5.3 lakhs employment scope generated during 2012. Most of the employment (16%) is created in the education field. Delhi ranked 1st among the five metropolis with 1.1 lakhs employment. Mumbai and Bengaluru (Bangalore) bagged the 2nd and 3rd position with a 77 thousand and 75 thousand of employment respectively. Chennai ranked 4th position whereas Kolkata is at the 5th position of this all India employment generation status report submitted by ASSOCHAM. This report is prepared on basis of information collected and available at Internet as well as Newspaper. ASSOCHAM conducted this survey in 56 cities and this analysis is based on different employment generation circumstances among 32 sectors/services.
Mixed Bag GK/CA of 26 December 2012
- Central Government affirmed to sell 12.5% shares of its stake of 92.5% in nationalized PSU enterprise – Rastriya Chemicals and Fertilizers Limited (RCF).
- Government of India decided to extend interest subvention of 2% on rupee export credit for another year. The amount of total export has been reduced 5.95% since April 2012 to November 2012. This financial assistance (2%) export credit is given as during this period, the balance of trade deficit has been increased to US$17550 crore.
Mixed Bag GK/CA of 27 December 2012
- Kolkata alongwith all other northern Indian provinces are shivering due to the cold wave. Kolkata recorded a mercury line below 10 degree Celsius which is a lowest in last 28 years.
Mixed Bag GK/CA of 28 December 2012
- Ratan Tata celebrated his platinum jubilee Birth anniversary. On this very day, he resigned from Tata Group as Chairman. Cyrus Pallonji Mistry (44), a graduate from London’s Imperial College of Engineering, years, has taken the position as 6th Chairman of this USD 10K crore conglomerate. This London Business School Post Graduate started his official chairmanship from 31st December 2012. Ratan Tata is now only Chairman Emeritus.
Mixed Bag GK/CA of 29 December 2012
- CBI today chargesheeted former Chairman cum Managing Director of National Aluminum Company Limited (NALCO) A. K. Srivastava for gathering assets worth Rupees two crore which is a 201% larger than his actual income.
Our Miscellaneous Current Affairs experts working on this modules under General Studies>Current Affairs Topics>Miscellaneous/Mixed Bag division to produce not only a comprehensive job oriented but also easy to learn and remember best quality study materials on miscellaneous current affairs for UPSC, State PSC, SSC, IBPS competitive exams and all Government jobs/services recruitment competitive examinations.
Other topics you may like to read
Related Posts You May Like to Read
Tags: CA 2012, CSAT Current Affairs, Current Affairs 2012, Current Affairs December 2012, economic current affairs, Govt Exam Current Affairs, IAS Current Affairs, india current affairs, International Events December 2012, mixed gk ca, national, WBCS Current Affairs