Current Affairs on Sports-Games Topics 23,24,25,26,27,28,29 December 2012
ODI Retirement of Indian Sachin Tendulkar, Indian Football League, Lionel Messi, Hockey Genius Leslie Walter Claudius, 500th EPL Appearance of Frank Lampard, India-Pakistan T20 Series, Asian Championship Trophy Hockey Tournament Doha-Qatar, South Africa vs New Zealand T20 Series, Kolkata Football League, J. C. Mukherjee Trophy Cricket Tournament, 56th National Shooting Championship, Sri Lanka vs Australia Boxing Day Test Tournament, Test Retirement of Australian Michael Hussey, Indian Football Federation Suspended Mohun Bahan A.C.
Please find a list of Sports and Games updates which is carefully chosen as well as selected to deliver you an ready-made exam oriented notes on different Sporst and Events news of the last week of December 2012.
Sports & Games News/Events of 23 December 2012
- We’ll not ever found Sachin Tendulkar in one day cricket. The living cricket legend of the world, Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar announced his retirement from One Day International (ODI) Cricket. Being the most successful cricketer of his 22 years career, he debuted himself on 18th December 1989 at Gujranwala in Pakistan. He was introduced as an opener for the first time on 27th March 1994 against New Zealand. He played his last match in ODI against Pakistan in Dhaka (Bangladesh). He is the only cricketer of the world having a collection of 18426 runs scored in 463 matches (452 innings) consisting of 49 centuries (100s) and 96 half centuries (50s). A score of not out 200 runs is his highest score in ODI career. He is the first batsman of the world who touched the milestone of ten thousand and fifteen thousand runs. Having an experience of playing in 90 stadiums of the world, he bagged 62 times man of the match as well as 15 times man of the tournament title in his ODI life. Moreover Sachin has a record of 6 World Cup centuries with 2278 runs in his one dayer career.
- Pune FC defeated East Bengal (2-1 Goal) in I-League match.
- Lionel Messi scored goal for his club Barcelona in the last match of the year. Barcelona defeated Real Valladolid in a 3-1 score. In total Messi scored 91 goals for his team and country throughout the 2012.
- One of the hockey magicians Leslie Walter Claudius, the triple Olympic hockey gold winner, passed away on 20th December 2012 after a prolonged battle with cirrhosis of liver, entombed in Mallikbazar cemetery in Kolkata.
Sports & Games News/Events of 24 December 2012
- Frank Lampard, an English footballer, recorded his 500th English Premier League (EPL) appearance for Chelsea vs. Aston Villa. He scored a goal in this special EPL match against Aston Villa for his club Chelsea.
Sports & Games News/Events of 25 December 2012
- Pakistan won the first T20 match by 5 wickets against India in Bengaluru (Bangalore). India scored 133 runs in the first half of the 20 over match. Indian new pace bowler Bhuvneshwar Kumar debuted in this match and he took 3 important wickets against 9 runs in his 4 over spell.
- Indian Hockey team thrashed Pakistan (2-1 goal) in a group league match in Asian Championship Trophy in Doha, Qatar. India almost reached the final match by wining all four league matches in this Asian Hockey tournament.
Sports & Games News/Events of 26 December 2012
- South Africa defeated New Zealand by 2-1 in a three match T20 series.
- Mohammedan Sporting Club defeated Tollygunj Agragami (4-0) in Kolkata Football League. In another match Southern Samity thrashed West Bengal Police (3-0). Both of the team entered the Premier Division of the League. Mohun Bagan Athletic Club also beat Police A. C. (4-0) and reached the Premier Division.
- Mohun Bagan A.C. won the J. C. Mukherjee Trophy by beating East Bengal in the final match by 6 wickets. This is the third time Mohun Bagan consequently bagged this trophy of the J.C. Mukherjee cricket tournament.
Sports & Games News/Events of 27 December 2012
- Bengal won 8 medallions in 56th National Shooting Championship consisting of 3 Gold, 4 Silver and 1 Bronze medal. Gold bagged by Jayashree Das, Mampi Das and Shubhankar Pramanik.
- Indian thrashed by Malaysia hockey team in the last group league match of Asian Champions Trophy. But India already entered the final by beating Pakistan on 25th December and again they (India) will play with Pakistan in the final match.
Sports & Games News/Events of 28 December 2012
- India beat Pakistan cricket team by 11 runs in the 2nd T20 match in Ahmadabad. India scored an unbeaten 192 in the first half of the match. Yuvraj Singh contributed a 36 runs innings in 72 balls. He declared the man of the match. Ashok Dinda also took 3 wickets.
- Australia cricket team defeated Sri Lanka by an innings and 201 runs in Boxing Day Test.
Sports & Games News/Events of 29 December 2012
- Australian cricketer Michael Hussey announced his retirement from Test cricket after completion the recent test series with Sri Lanka. Hasi has a collection of 19 century in his 78 tests career.
- Indian Football Federation (IFA) suspended Mohun Bahan A. C. for 2 years in Indian League due their match boycott against East Bengal on 9th December 2012. They had to resume their I-League from the Second Division matches now.
Our Sports & Games Current Affairs experts working on this modules under General Studies>Current Affairs Topics>Sports & Games division to produce not only a comprehensive job oriented but also easy to learn and remember best quality study materials on International as well as National level Sports and Games current affairs for UPSC, State PSC, SSC, IBPS competitive exams and all Government jobs/services recruitment competitive examinations.
Other topics you may like to read
Related Posts You May Like to Read
Tags: CA 2012, CSAT Current Affairs, Current Affairs 2012, Current Affairs December 2012, Games CA, Govt Exam Current Affairs, IAS Current Affairs, india current affairs, Sports, Sports current affairs, Sports Events December 2012, WBCS Current Affairs